Sonic Spotlight is an incredible opportunity for young musicians to get professional input and help in growing their careers, and the prizes for select finalists are phenomenal. It’s free to enter. Don’t miss out!
2021 Sonic Spotlight call for entries
Are you a band or musician in northern Colorado creating original music? Age 22 or younger? Based in Weld or Larimer counties? We want to hear your music!
Sonic Spotlight is a music showcase and competition brought to you by Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 105.5 The Colorado Sound, and Bohemian Foundation. We’re looking for fresh new music in any genre. Prizes for select artists include a chance to work with industry experts, connect with creative peers, receive radio airplay, create a professional music video, and perform live.
How to enter
Details are on the Sonic Spotlight website, including an FAQ on the rules around how to enter.
- Deadline for entries is Sept. 15 at midnight MST.
- There is no fee to enter or participate.
- Two audio recordings and one video are required with your application.
- The website also has a useful Resources page to help you in this process.
- Selected artists will be required to participate in 6 to 8 hours of sessions with music industry experts. Each 60-90 min session will be scheduled in advance and will occur between Sept. 30 and Nov. 3, 2021.
This fall, Sonic Spotlight will present two showcases featuring some of the region’s most talented emerging musicians. Dates and more details on the showcases will be announced soon!
- Aug. 13–Sept. 13: Submission form online
- Sept. 30-Nov. 3: Sessions with industry experts to prepare for showcases
- Nov. 4: SONIC ROUND = radio-ready song showcase on105.5 The Colorado Sound
- Dec. 9: SPOTLIGHT ROUND – music video and live performance showcase
Sonic Spotlight debuted in 2020, and last year’s winner was Miranda Fling. Here is her song “Any Other Way”:
The 2020 finalists also include Macy Warner and People in General:
Deadline for entries is Sept. 15, 2021.
If you are reading this and are not location- or age-eligible to take part, please share this information with someone who is!