This month, we’re asking who you think is the best Supergroup of all time. There are a lot to choose from, and we compiled a list of some of the most important ones.
There is still time to vote – and remember, your choices make up August 29’s Top 20 of 2020 countdown show with Benji, beginning at 7 p.m.
For a look back to last month’s Top 20 countdown, find it here.
Onto our picks…
Ron’s Top Three Supergroups
- Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
- Afro Celt Sound System ( Simon Emmerson, N’Faly Kouyate, Johnny Kalsi, Moussa Sissokho, Griogair Labhruidh, Ronan Browne, Emer Mayock, Davy Spillane)
- The Postal Service (Ben Gibbard, Jimmy Tamborello, Jenny Lewis)
Margot’s Top Three Supergroups
- Sonic’s Rendezvous Band (Fred Smith, Scott Morgan, Gary Rasmussen, Scott Asheton)
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Nick Cave, Thomas Wydler, Martyn P. Casey, Jim Sclavunos, Warren Ellis, George Vjestica, Toby Dammit)
- Golden Smog (Kraig Johnson, Dan Murphy, Gary Louris, Marc Perlman, Chris Mars
Noah Levy, Jeff Tweedy, Jody Stephens)
Stacy’s Top Three Supergroups
- This Mortal Coil (Ivo Watts-Russell, John Fryer)
- Gorillaz (Damon Albarn, Jamie Hewlett, Remi Kabaka Jr.)
- Humble Pie (Jerry Shirley, Andy Summers, Zoot Money, Nigel Harrison, Graham Bonnet)
Benji’s Top Three Supergroups
- The Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson)
- BNQT (Eric Pulid, Ben Bridwell, Alex Kapranos, Fran Healy, Jason Lytle)
- Little Village (Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe. and Jim Keltner)