Calling all Northern Colorado musicians age 22 and under!
We are excited to announce that we are teaming up with Fort Collins Museum of Discovery and Bohemian Foundation to bring you a brand-new virtual music showcase.
Sonic Spotlight seeks fresh sounds from any genre; selected artists and bands will get a chance to work with industry experts, connect with creative peers, receive radio airplay, create a professional music video, play festivals, win prizes, and level up their music.
This fall, Sonic Spotlight will present two virtual showcases featuring some of the region’s most talented emerging musicians.
Here’s how it will work:
- The Sonic Round kicks things off with never-before-heard radio-ready tracks from all 8 semifinalists taking over the airwaves on The Colorado Sound.
- The program then culminates in the Spotlight Round, which will debut music videos from each finalist created during the program with professional support in an exciting, interactive online broadcast.
- A panel of music industry veterans will be present throughout the program and will determine which artists advance, and ultimately which finalist is named winner of Sonic Spotlight 2020.
- All Sonic Spotlight showcases, mentorship sessions, and artist opportunities will be held virtually.
- If you are a 22-and-under musician from Northern Colorado creating original work, apply for Sonic Spotlight from September 1 – September 30 at our website or at Sonic Spotlight.
Who is eligible? What is required?
- Musicians age 22 and under from Larimer or Weld counties Colorado playing any genre of original music are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be required to complete an online application. There is no fee to apply or to participate. Two audio recordings and one video will be required on the application.
Please note: songs and videos will be judged on content, artistic merit, and potential, not on the production value or quality of the recording.
- Selected artists will be required to participate in six-eight hours of online sessions with music industry experts. Each hour-long session will be scheduled in advance and will occur between October 12 – December 10, 2020.
And finally, if you are reading this and are not age-eligible to take part, please share this information with someone who is!