The Colorado Sound offers unique and diverse music discovery programming. We are based in Northern Colorado but heard throughout the state, across the country, and around the world. The Colorado Sound brings the spirit and soul of Colorado to our listeners through a cross-genre mix of new music, familiar favorites, and regional standouts.
Community Radio for Northern Colorado (CRNC) is our 501(c)3 parent organization.
The Colorado Sound is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Human Resources Business Partner
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
The Human Resources Manager is a key member of leadership and is critical in implementing and driving the vision set forth by the CRNC Board of Directors and the President/CEO.
The HR manager holds overall responsibility for all human resources activities from employee recruitment, onboarding, and benefits management, as well as, driving the culture within our organization to be inclusive, respectful, and forward-thinking. Succeeding in this position requires a self-motivated, organized individual with high emotional intelligence and commitment to the health and growth of a cornerstone community organization.
For a complete description and list of duties, as well as instructions on how to apply, please visit KUNC’s employment page.
Colorado Sound Morning Show Host/Producer
Reports to: Colorado Sound Program Director Salary Range: $50,000 ‐ $59,000
Our current Morning Show Host is moving to Evenings.
Who We Are:
Our non‐commercial music service, The Colorado Sound, offers unique and diverse music discovery programming. We are based in Northern Colorado but heard throughout the state, across the country, and around the world.
The Colorado Sound brings the spirit and soul of Colorado to our listeners through a diverse and inclusive mix of music.
Community Radio for Northern Colorado (CRNC) is our 501(c)3 parent organization and oversees both KUNC (our NPR News station) and The Colorado Sound.
We are located in a pivotal location on the front range of the incredible Rocky Mountains, meaning you have day‐access to world‐class skiing and hiking, as well as popular entertainment, educational and cultural institutions such as the Colorado Rockies and Denver Bronco games, the Denver Art Museum, and our beloved legendary music venues, including the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Nearby Fort Collins is a growing destination city with a major university, a strong food and cultural scene, and easy access to rafting, hiking, biking, and exploring.
Who We are Looking For:
We are looking for a Morning Show Host/Producer who is passionate about music while possessing the desire to inspire and engage with a diverse culture community and audience.
The Colorado Sound Morning Show Host/Producer is part of a passionate and dedicated team who do whatever it takes to engage listeners. The Colorado Sound is a young station, signing on in 2016, and is known and respected in public media circles.
The Colorado Sound Morning Show Host/Producer sets the foundation for the entire day of music and helps ensure the Colorado Sound stays true to the mission of serving the community through music discovery. As the Colorado Sound Morning Show Host/Producer, you would be a large part of the next stage of growth by building upon a morning show foundation with its roots firmly in Colorado but its eye on the world at large. Ideally, the next Colorado Sound Morning Show Host/Producer will possess excellent communication skills, fueled by curiosity and enthusiasm and is a vibrant morning person who always seeks out creative ways to communicate on‐air and in the community.
- Host the Colorado Sound Morning Show, which airs 6am‐10am, M‐F, 6am‐9am are live
- Produce the Colorado Sound Morning Show ensuring strong audience connections and growth
- Work with the Program Director to craft a morning show that delivers on our mission statement: The Colorado Sound brings the spirit and soul of Colorado to the world through a diverse mix of new music, deep cuts and regional standouts. We aim to be the best music discovery service, period.
- Grow ratings and membership
- Work in conjunction with the Digital Director to engage with listeners on social media
- Production responsibilities, including organizing and coordinating imaging with Program Director and Imaging
- Participate in membership drives and other fundraising activities
- Represent The Colorado Sound in the local music community and at events
- Participates in regular air check sessions with the Program Director
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines and requirements
- At least three years media experience
- Passion for public broadcasting
- Extensive knowledge of music
- Digital, production or promotion experience
- Strong on‐air presentation, as well as interview, writing and production skills
- Familiarity with Wide Orbit or other automation systems
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition or other editing systems
- Good communication skills; conversational
- Takes direction well
We know there are qualified candidates out there who may have relevant skills and experiences that may not fit into what we’ve described. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We will look for any combination of education, training and experience that will help you be a successful team member.
This position description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of ALL activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment will be at the Greeley office when not remote as approved or required to deliver on the position
- Applicant needs to reside in the state of Colorado or be willing to relocate
- We require all employees and contractors to provide proof of COVID‐19 vaccination and follow all established CRNC guidelines.
- The Greeley office environment: locked building accessible by FOB with overhead lighting with low‐to‐moderate noise levels
- Prolonged periods of remaining in a stationary position
- The ability to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a laptop, office printer, telephones,
- The ability to frequently and professionally communicate with listeners, donors, applicants, co‐workers, and industry colleagues, via telephone, email, Slack, and other means of communication as needed/required per your position.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59pm MT on January 10th, 2022 by sending a link to your hosting/audio work examples along with your cover letter and resume, plus three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision care with one plan that provides 100% of premiums for employee paid by employer
- Employer‐provided Life & AD&D as well as Short‐term and Long‐term disability insurance
- 403b retirement with company match after one month of employment
- 10 paid holidays, +1 floating holiday
- Maternity/paternity/partner/adoption leave
- Flexible work environment with some remote work possible in most situations
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully applied. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring team. You will be notified if you are selected for further questions or interviews via email. Please keep your contact information up to date.
KUNC and The Colorado Sound are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage diversity in the workplace.